Knee / Leg Injury Attorneys
Knee & Leg Injuries
Symptoms of a knee injury bring millions of people to emergency rooms and doctors’ offices every year. In fact, one of the most common reasons for visits to orthopedic surgeons is a knee injury. The knee is the largest joint in the human body, and it has many components: bones, ligaments, cartilage, nerves and tendons.
For people whose knee injuries are due in part or completely to the negligence of others, such as in an auto or truck accident or a trip and fall, compensation to pay medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages may be obtained. The personal injury law firm of Moore·Faust Injury Law Group represents individuals who have suffered knee injuries due to others’ negligence.
How Does a Knee Injury Occur?
Many accidents can cause knee injuries, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Trip and falls
- Recreational vehicle accidents
Knee Injury Pain and Other Symptoms
Knee pain from an injury can be excruciating. For example, when of the four major ligaments in the knee is torn, the pain is severe. Other symptoms of a knee injury include:
- "Locking," or the inability to fully straighten the knee
- An obvious deformity of the knee or leg
- Inability to bear weight on the injured knee
- Inability to move the knee
- Popping or crunching noises
- Redness and warmth to the touch
- Swelling at the knee injury site
- Weakness or instability of the knee; falling because the knee "gives out"
Knee Injury Diagnosis
A knee injury diagnosis is made with a variety of tests, including;
- Ultrasound: sound waves show real-time images
- MRI: gives 3-D images of the inside of the knee
- CT or CAT scan: combines X-rays taken from different angles
Knee Injury Treatments
The treatment of knee injury cases depends on the particular type of knee injury. Rest, ice, medication, exercises, physical therapy, and orthotic devices are some options, and in some injury cases, surgery is appropriate.
Do I Have an Injury Claim?
If your knee injury is due in part or completely to the negligence of others, such as in an auto or truck accident or a trip and fall, you may have an injury claim to pursue compensation to pay medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. The personal injury attorneys of Moore·Faust Injury Law Group can explain your legal options, call for a free consultation to learn your legal rights.
For a free no obligation consultation and case review call us today at